Monday, October 11, 2010

When I'm afraid and have no courage.

I've long been fascinated by the whole Mafia thing. I like the idea of a powerful mob boss, who protects me. Who says, "I've got people...you don't have to be afraid." I like knowing that whomever is looking out for me, 'has people' so I don't have to worry.

That's why I love the verses, in Acts 18:9 & 10 One night the Lord spoke to Paul in a vision: Do not be afraid: Keep on speaking, do not be silent. For I am with you and no one is going to attack and harm you, because I have many people in this city.

God, my protector, my boss, 'has people'. And I don't have to be afraid. I can go forth with boldness. I can speak and not be silent. I love that.

2 comments:

  1. That's so encouraging, Marsha! Thanks for that insight.

    ReplyDelete
  2. M: As one who generally lacks courage, may I say, thank you for the wonderful reminder. Yesterday at BSF it was pointed out to me that God provides those things he requires of us.... that, if he is calling me to be courageous, he will then proceed to give me courage. I need COURAGE today, and he has used YOU toward that end.

    blessings to you,

    v

    ReplyDelete